LSAW Pipe Manufacturers in India – ASTM, EN, API
Metline is a leading supplier of LSAW pipe of superior quality, including those of high strength, high toughness, homogeneous material and corrosion resistance, for various services such as onshore, offshore, shallow water and deep water, non-sour and sour services. The LSAW pipe diameter range is larger than ERW, normally from 16 inch to 60 inch, 406mm to 1500mm. LSAW Pipe (Longitudinal Submerged Arc-Welding Pipe), is taking the steel plate as raw material, mold it by the molding machine, then do double-sided submerged arc welding.
LSAW steel pipes are widely used in the oil and gas pipelines, specially large diameter and thick wall pipe lines with high strength and long distance. LSAW pipes are also used in construction industry where the structure needs tough strength.
|Standard||API5L, ASTM A252, ASTM A53, API 5CT, ASTM A53, ASTM A500, BS1387, EN10217, DIN 2458, IS 3589|
|End||Square ends (straight cut, saw cut, and torch cut) or Beveled|
About LSAW Pipes
An LSAW pipe (“submerged arc welding”) is manufactured by cutting, bending and welding steel plates (JCOE process). LSAW pipes compete with seamless and ERW pipes in the size range between 16 and 24 inches but are “must-go” option for pipelines above 24 inches (as 24 inches is the maximum size for commercial seamless pipes). The two main types of LSAW pipes are the longitudinal (with a single or double straight seam weld, DSAW) and the spiral type (called, HSAW, SSAW or SAWL pipe). Therefore, the difference between DSAW vs. LSAW is that DSAW pipes have a seam weld in the inside and outside of the pipe, whereas LSAW pipes have a single seam weld on the outer surface. The difference between LSAW and ERW pipes is that LSAW pipes are produced using steel plates, ERW pipes are manufactured starting from steel coils. LSAW steel pipe can be welded with flanges, lifting eyes and other parts according to clients’ requirements.
Inspection & Testing of LSAW Steel Pipes
- Factory Inner Control Test: Raw material re-inspection, Products Chemical Component Analysis, Mechanical Properties (Ultimate tensile strength, Yield strength, Elongation), Technical Properties (Flattening Test, Bending Test, Blow Test, Impact Test, DWT test), Exterior Size Inspection, Hydrostatic Test, UT Test, X-ray Test.
Metline is a specialized manufacturer and factory supplier of Longitudinal Submerged-Arc Welded (LSAW) carbon steel pipes for the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Agricultural and Construction Industries. We can supply high quality LSAW pipes with various standards, including but not limited to API 5L GR A, GR B, X42, X46, X56, X60, X65, X70. If you have any special request we can offer you the customized services. Besides LSAW pipes we can also supply carbon steel ERW pipes, spiral welded pipes, seamless steel pipes & fittings and stainless steel tubes.
Generally, welded steel pipes can be divided into ERW pipes, SSAW pipes and LSAW pipes according to the welding technologies involved to manufacture the product. Submerged arc welded pipes are manufactured by bending and welding ordinary steel plates. The SAW type is commonly used for oil and gas transmission lines (API 5L). The most common variations of submerged arc welding pipes are: LSAW (longitudinal welding), DSAW (double submerged arc welding, the weld is applied on both the inner and outer surface) and SSAW or HSAW (spiral welded pipe, generally used for water transmission and distribution but not for oil & gas applications).
LSAW Pipes from UOE Mill – UOE mill adopts U & O forming, the formed pipes are bonded inside through 5 internal welding stations with three wires, and welded outside through 4 external welding stations with three wires. In accordance with various requirements of the customers, the bonded pipe can be broadened either by mechanical or hydrostatic expander to improve dimensional accuracy, and remove recurring tension.
JCOE SAWL PIPES (PRESS BENDING) – This is large diameter longitudinal submerged arc welded (SAWL) pipe production line in China. The mill adopts progressive flexing process, featuring evenly distributed forming stress, high uniformity of dimension, boundless sizes variation & broad product range, and high flexibility, etc.
JCOE SAWL PIPES (ROLL BENDING) – This is the first big diameter longitudinal submerged arc bonded (SAWL) pipe production line in China. The mill embraces constant axis twisting J-C-O forming procedure with characteristics of high forming precision and performance along with well balanced distribution of forming stress. The mill has the advantages of large specs and can produce pipes in any size within its production range.
Production, Supply & Manufacturing Range for Straight Seam Welded Steel Pipe (LSAW Steel Pipes)
|Process:||Longitudinal Submerged Arc Welded Pipe, Straight Seam Welded Pipes|
|Usage:||Used for Low Pressure Liquid Transportation, such as Water, Gas, and Oil, Construction, Piping and Pilling Works|
|Standard:||API 5L, ASTM A252, EN10217-1,2,5, EN10219-1, BS, JIS, IS|
|Certificate:||EN10217, EN10219, API 5L PSL1/ PSL2, API 5CT|
|Out Diameter:||219.1 mm – 3048mm (8″-120″)|
|Wall Thickness:||4mm – 30mm|
|Length:||3 – 70 M|
|Steel Grade:||API 5L: GR A, GR B, X42, X46, X56, X60, X65, X70|
|ASTM A252 GR 1, GR 2, GR 3|
|BS 4360: Grade 43, Grade 50|
|EN: S275JR, S275J0H, S275J2H, S355JRH, S355J0H, S355J2H|
|Surface:||Fusion Bond Epoxy Coating, Coal Tar Epoxy, FBE, 3LPE, 3LPP, 2LPE, Vanish Coating, Bitumen Coating, Black Oil Coating as per customer’s requirement|
|Test:||Chemical Component Analysis, Mechanical Properties (Ultimate Tensile Strength, Yield Strength, Elongation), Technical Properties (Bending Test, Charp-v Impact Test) Hydrostatic Test, X-Ray Test, Ultrasonic Test|
|Mill Test Certificate:||EN 10204/3.1B|
Why Choose Metline as Your Source for LSAW Steel Pipes
- More than 30 years of experience in purchase and sale of LSAW steel pipes in India and worldwide.
- We can give you materials from either stock or mill deliveries with shortest manufacturing time.
- We believe in making new customers everyday, and always help you with best prices and quality, along with complete trace-ability of materials.
- We have annual sales volume of over 5000 tons of various steel products and have tie ups with many mills across the globe.
- We can offer Exworks, FOB, CFR, CIF, Door to Door Delivery prices. We suggest that you let us do the shipping, because it will be cost effective as well as efficient
Documents – Provided for all Our Supplied of LSAW Steel Pipes & Other Products
- Certificate of Origin legalized/attested by Chamber of Commerce or Embassy
- Commercial Invoice including HS Code
- Packing List including number of boxes, net weight and gross weight, Marks and Numbers
- Fumigation Certificates
- Letter of Guarantee
- Material Test Certificates as per EN 10204 3.1, EN 10204 3.2
- Raw Material Test Reports
- Heat Treatment Charts
- Quality Assurance Plan (QAP)
- NABL approved Laboratory Test Reports
Testings (Destructive, Non Destructive) for Various Products
- Positive Material Identification – PMI Testing
- Chemical Analysis – Spectro Analysis
- Mechanical Testing Such as Tensile, Elongation, Reduction of Area
- Micro Test
- Macro Test
- Hardness Test
- Pitting Resistance Test
- Intergranular Corrosion (IGC) Test
- Flaring Test
- Flattening Test
- Hydrostatic Test
- Hydrogen-Induced Cracking (HIC) Test, NACE TM0284
- Sulfide Stress Corrosion Cracking (SSC), NACE TM 0177
- Radiography Test
- Dye Penetrant Test (DP Test)
- Ultra Sonic Test (UT)
- Eddy Current Testing
- Impact Test
- Bend Test
Packing of Materials – Domestic & International Shipments of Steel Products
- We understand the importance of packaging specially in case of international shipments as the consignment has to go through a number of channels to reach the final destination, thus we take proper care of packing.
- We pack our goods in a various ways depending on the products. The different ways in which our products are packed are:
- Wooden Boxes
- Wooden Pallets
- Wooden Crates
- Carton boxes
Marking of Steel Products
- All our products will have complete marking details which are co-related to the test certificates we supply.
- In case of orders for cut piece of Pipes, Sheets or Round Bars, the marking is transferred from the product from which it is cut. In such cases we provide Letter confirming the marking transfer and picture of the product from which it is cut.
- If the items are available in stock, we take 2 days from the date of receipt of advance payment to clear the shipment and send it to port.
- And in-case the items are not availabe in stock, the time taken for manufacturing depends on the size, quantity and grade.
- However we can claim the fact that we can compete with anyone in India on Delivery time and most of the time our production time is the least.
- We have tied up with strong logistic partners in India which can undertake any type of shipping activites and make sure that there is no delay in shipment.
Price Basis – We can offer any of the following price basis depending on your requirement
- FOB Nhava Sheva
- CFR, CIF, CPT your destination port
- Door to Door Delivery Duty Paid as well as Duty Unpaid
Inspection of LSAW Steel Pipes and Other Steel Products
- We welcome stage wise inspection, final stage inspection from any of your representative or third party inspection agencies.
- We regularly have inspections ongoing at our premises from internationally acclaimed Inspection Agencies such as TUV, Llyods, BVIS, SGS, DNV etc.